British Senior Schools Success
Double success for Danny Bajwa who secured silver in the U16 Boys team event with Dylan Curry (Aberdeen) and a bronze in the U16 Boys singles event at the Senior Schools Championships in Worcester over the weekend 22nd to 24th June.
Other results from the DTTC players:
- Shannon Brown: Scotland B U14 Girls’ Team (w/Jess Hogg) – 5th; U14 Girls’ Singles – Consolation 1st Knockout Round
- Catrin Ace: Scotland B U18 Girls’ Team (w/Naomi Provan) – 6th; U16 Girls’ Singles – 1st Knockout Round
- Lauren MacLeod: Scotland A U18 Girls’ Team (w/Isla Stott) – 5th; U14 Girls’ Singles – Consolation Semi-final
- Keir Morton: Scotland A U18 Boys’ Team (w/Harvey McDonald) – 4th; U18 Boys’ Singles – Quarter-final
Table Tennis England:
Table Tennis Scotland:
Calendar of Events
Details of local and national events will be made available on this page on a regular basis.
Age Restrictions 2017/2018:
- U13s – Born on or after 1st January 2005
- U15s – Born on or after 1st January 2003
- U18s – Born on or after 1st January 2000
- Veterans 2017 events – Born on or before 31st December 1977
- Veterans 2018 events – Born on or before 31st December 1978
Summer League 2018
DTTC will be holding its annual summer league this year from w/c 11th June 2018.
The format this year will be:
- Teams of two
- Handicap to 21
Matches will be scheduled for a Tuesday or Wednesday with other nights available.
For those interest in playing, please let Kenny Lee know by Friday 1st June.
Cost will be £3 per person to cover prizes etc. Pay-as-you-go hall fees still apply (£1/£2 for standard members or £2/£3 for non-members) for each visit to the hall.
If there are any further queries, please get in touch with Kenny.
DTTC 50/50 Draw
Dumfries Table Tennis Club will be holding a monthly 50/50 draw which will be open to all Club users as well as their friends and family.
Cost is £12 for entry into 12 monthly draws.
The monthly prize is 50% of the 50/50 Draw subscriptions for each month.
The winning number will be the National Lottery Lotto Bonus Ball from the last Saturday draw of the month.
Please contact Stuart Brown for further details.
Annual End of Season Dinner – Friday 18th May
Dumfries Table Tennis Club cordially invites all members, non-members and families to its Annual End of Season Dinner
- Location: Park House, Cairndale Hotel
- Date: Friday 18th May 2018
- Time: 7pm until late (dinner to be served at 7.30pm)
- Cost: Adults – £18 / Under 14 (as at 18th May 2018) – £12
There will be a 3 course dinner, entertainment, prize-giving as well as music and dancing.
Book your tickets from Kenny Lee, Lauren Macleod, Catrin Ace or Kay Solaja.
Payment is due by 11th May. Cheques should be made payable to “DTTC”.
Please note that coaching sessions have now moved to Monday nights from 6pm to 7.30pm on a trial basis until the summer. The Monday Club night still remains but will now start at 7.30pm to accommodate.
The first coaching session will start this coming Monday 23rd April.
Sessions will be open for everyone of all ages and abilities.
The cost will be the same:
Members (Junior/Senior) – £2/£3
Non-members (Junior/Senior) – £3/£4
Those who take part in coaching will be welcome to stay for the open session afterwards for no extra cost.
Details of weekly sessions are available here
Well done to Dylan who, having finished runner up to Edinburgh’s Charlie Ellis in the over 40s event at the Scottish National Championships, secured enough points for the season to be selected for the Scottish team for the Home Nations Championships in Cardiff this September.
Scottish Inter-League 2018 Results
The Scottish Inter-League was held at Bell’s Sports Centre, Perth, over the weekend of 24th/25th March. Dumfries Table Tennis League was represented by 6 teams.
Senior Men – Danny Bajwa; Dylan De Silva; Kenny Lee
Senior Ladies – Catrin Ace; Norma Brown
Men’s Veterans – Kay Solaja; Gordon Duff; Graham Gault
- 6th Group 2; 11th overall
Junior Boys – Blaire Huxtable; Ross Thompson; Ross Burns
Cadet Boys – Josh Orr; Reuben De Silva; Stewart Roberts
Minor Girls – Shannon Brown; Maria De Silva
An optional mixed ladies event was played on Sunday:
- Shannon – 4th place
- Maria – 6th place
Scottish Inter-League 2018
We are pleased to announce that the following players will represent the Dumfries Table Tennis League at the Scottish Inter-League to be held in Perth over the weekend of 24th/25th March.
- Men’s Veterans: Kay Solaja; Gordon Duff: Graham Gault
- Senior Men: Danny Bajwa; Dylan De Silva; Kenny Lee
- Senior Ladies: Catrin Ace; Norma Brown
- Junior Boys (U18): Blaire Huxtable; Ross Thompson; Ross Burns
- Cadet Boys (U15): Josh Orr; Reuben De Silva; Stewart Roberts
- Minor Girls (U13): Shannon Brown; Maria De Silva
We wish the teams all the best for the weekend.